Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Pirate ship cake

Ben ‘s 4th Birthday Cake

This was my first commisoned cake! I was very excited!

This is 5 layers of white cake with chocolate buttercream icing.
The ‘water’ is blue vanilla buttercream on white cake and is one 18”x14”x3” sheet cake.
The cannon and anchor and flag are made of chocolate fondant and ‘painted’ with edible gold or silver pearl shimmer.
The treasure chest was also chocolate fondant and each doubloon coin was handmade and painted with edible gold pearl shimmer
Everything is edible but the masts and anchor rope.
This cake weighed in at 21 pounds of cake and icing.



The rum bottle is for size comparison. (for you Lisa!)


I have to give thanks to my husband, who helped make the template for the shape, and cut the cakes. He also stayed home with me when we had to cancel our plans and re-bake 3 sheet cakes after the ship broke down the middle! Thanks Honey!

6 comments:

  1. Ηеy I know this is off toρic but I
    was wondeгing if you knew of any ωіԁgets I could аdd
    to my blog thаt аutοmatically twеet mу newеst twittеr updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Also visit my homepage :: sale maisonetter chios island

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the excellent work!

    Stop by my homepage - armstrong vinyl flooring

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is among the most important information for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The web site style is perfect, the articles is really
    nice : D. Good job, cheers

    Here is my blog; acquista ricambi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in
    accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

    my webpage photoshop nightclub flyers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi are using Wordpress for your blog platform?

    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up my own.
    Do you require any coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

    Here is my blog paleolithic meal recipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your meanѕ οf eхplaining аll in thiѕ
    post is actually nіce, all be caрablе of
    easily be awaгe оf it, Thankѕ a lot.



    Mу blog post flash action games

    ReplyDelete