Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cupcakes with 4 icing flavors

Cupcakes





These are French vanilla cupcakes with an assortment of icings. All have handmade royal icing flowers and leaves on them. They range from roses, to apple blossoms, mums, pansies and a couple of lilies.

First row are iced with vanilla butter cream. I made this butter cream with two sticks of butter and 6 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream substituted for usual shortening and water. These were creamy and smooth. I must say it was pretty darn tasty. (I don’t want to know about the calories.)

Second row, are French vanilla cupcakes with almond flavor butter cream. My husband liked these; I wasn’t wild about the flavor. Update: I took one of these with Almond icing and removed the flower smoothed the icing out turned the cupcake upside down and dunked the top in the warm Carmel filling/sauce stuff and then placed it in the fridge to firm up for a few mins. Wow, the Almond with the firmed up Carmel filling was a great combination.

Third row, are French vanilla cupcakes with mocha flavored butter cream (made with instant coffee granules). I made mocha icing a year or so ago and it was ‘ok’ - awful strong then. This time it was much taster and we really enjoyed it this light mocha flavor with the French vanilla.

Third row are filled with a smooth creamy homemade Carmel filling and then icing with dark Rum flavored butter cream, rum icing is one of my favorite flavors of icing.

Fourth row, iced with real Cognac icing…all I have to say is these were to die for.

1 comment:

  1. Those look great! I love the mums - so cute. And the Cognac does sound to die for!

    ReplyDelete