Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Littlest Pet Shop Cake

Makayla’s 8th Birthday cake – The littlest Pet Shop theme

6”x 4” round chocolate cake with butter cream filling on a 8”x 4” dummy cake on the bottom with a 3”x 2” marble cake on top, all covered with vanilla butter cream icing.


Cupcakes are French vanilla with butter cream icing and plastic toys on top
Pink and purple Forget me not flowers and circles are vanilla fondant. Flowers on the top are inserted with floral wire and have sliver editable pearl dust on them.

Pig, Cat and Dog are all made from homemade rice crispy treats covered in royal icing then covered with marshmallow fondant, yes completely editable.

And this was my first time working with molding/carving rice crispy treat and covering them with fondant!

This cake took 13 hours to make. I am sure I could do it again allot faster.

the little piggy was my favorite…don’t cha just wanna eat ‘em up!

Birthday girl was very happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment