Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Betty Boop Cake

Happy Birthday JoAnn!







The top layer of this Betty Boop cake is butter/white cake with chocolate ganache filling covered in vanilla buttercream. Betty is made with a icing technique called color flow. She was extremely fragile. Her ear ring was painted with gold luster dust and some detail work was done with edible markers.










The bottom layer was suppose to be a pineapple cake as I heard the birthday girl likes pineapple upside down cake. I researched recipes and came up with a pineapple coconut cake that I was going to pair with a rum buttercream…problem was the cake totally over cooked not really sure why maybe all the fruit in it..that’s what you get with new recipes…but none the less I had to go the store by more ingredients and had to come up with a new flavor as that recipe was obviously no good. So I was in the store and saw some fresh lemons and came up with and idea for a lemon cake with freshly zested and juiced lemons with fresh raspberry cream cheese filling with vanilla buttercream. I loved the raspberry cream cheese filling, I mean you can go wrong with cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, sugar and fresh raspberries!

 



Lemon/raspberry cake was a real hit, I got rave reviews on this flavor, so I had to quick write it down so I wouldn’t forget it!





Thank you Lis for your wonderful photography!








4 comments:

  1. Cute! I really love the Betty Boop on top - very cool. And now all I want to eat is lemon raspberry cream cheese cake. :)

    ReplyDelete